The Mountain Cabin is the kind of coffee you want to drink when you’re camping. Nutty, with a hint of burnt sugar and bourbon (and scents of maple when grinding the beans), it pairs perfect with Wintery mornings and breakfast food. More traditional than some fruitier coffees, but far more interesting than your classic blend, this coffee is both a crowd pleaser while somehow still being the perfect coffee to drink alone while taking some nature in.
- Region – Montebonito, jurisdiction of Marulanda
- Processing Method – washed
- Flavor Notes – nuts, bourbon & burnt sugar
- Variety – Colombia, Typica
- Extra Info – Montebonito, jurisdiction of Marulanda, is a small town located deep in the mountains of the state of Caldas, Colombia.Surrounded by green cliffs and clouds, it stands at 1,850 meters above sea level not far from the famous snowy volcano “Nevadodel Ruiz.” Income in the area comes solely from agriculture, with products like sugar cane, bananas, plantains, and avocadosdominating the landscape, coffee being the most important. With a sad and unjust past, being attacked twice by FARC guerrillas,once on the day of the presidential election on May 24, 1983 and again on March 5, 2005, the town was almost destroyed, rosefrom fear, and is now the source of some of the best coffees in the region.
NOTE: Since we are a small batch single origin roaster, we roast weekly for consumer orders.